Friday, April 25, 2008

Take A Ride With Me

Last weekend I went to see my darling sister and her cute husband in Provo, Utah. It was fabulous. It started out last Friday with a very uneventful plane ride where I spent the entire time reading (no kids pulling at me=heaven) and talking to two fellow Ohioans who had also walked the half marathon with me. They were a hoot and I had fun referring to them many times over the course of the weekend as "the ladies". Little did they know how they would impact my trip. They were actually going to Salt Lake City to walk the marathon that was last weekend. Sheesh. I thought that we were crazy for walking a half-marathon, and the stress fracture in my right foot is just proof of that as far as I am concerned. But enough about "the ladies". Back to my trip. Katie picked me up at the airport and I was starving so we headed to a tasty little mexican restaurant called The Red Iguana (thanks be to "the ladies" for this one). Then it was off to Provo. Hey, what's that I see? It's a sign for Ikea. Well, we better just pop in for a minute since it is right on the way. 2 hours later we're back on the road and determined at this point to actually make it to Provo. We finally make it. But before we get to Katie's house we stop for a Jamba Juice and a quick peek into my jewler Goldesign so that I can get my rings soldered together. Finally, we head to the house. Chad is greeted and hugs are given. The house Katie and Chad live in is very cute (at least on the inside). Katie has some great taste and I plan on utilizing this decorating skill of hers as soon as she moves back to Ohio. I set my stuff down and we proceed to lounge for a bit. Chad is off to a study session and so Katie and I take a moment to watch the previous night's episode of The Office since I was not able to see it. After the show is over we proceed to read http://www.officetally.com/ for more fabulous Office tidbits. An amazing way to waste an afternoon as far as I am concerned. Chad gets home from studying and we decide to work up an appetite for dinner by playing Guitar Hero. I have never played before, but I am now officially hooked. This activity turned out to be one of my most favorite of the weekend (THANK YOU CHAD). OK, here's where the real fun of the night starts. Katie and I head out to the car to go to dinner. Chad is looking for his sweatshirt. He doesn't find the one he is looking for, so he settles for a different one (really, you can't go wrong with a little Pink Floyd action). As he is putting on his "hoodie" he dislocates his shoulder. Crazy! He was so very calm about it all. Just comes and matter-of-factly tells us that he has dislocated his shoulder and that we need to go to Urgent Care. The Health Center is closed so we head off to an Urgent Care center. After filling out paperwork,

paying and waiting around for awhile, the doctor comes out and informs us that they are not equipped to handle a dislocated shoulder and that we need to go to the ER.


POOR CHAD. So, we head back to the car with Chad walking very gingerly and me limping very painfully (it had been a very long day on my poor injured foot) and head off to the ER. We were quite a sight I am sure. Katie gets Chad all checked-in and I decide that this would be a good time to go back to the house and grab my book and get a little something to eat. Long ER story short, we were there FOREVER. Chad's shoulder was put back into place by the wonderful Dr. Hooker (hee hee hee) and strapped with a brace.


Once we were done with the ER we were all starving and so we went to IHOP for some midnight breakfast food and then it was back to the house and off to bed for me. I was exhausted!! It was a great day and an adventurous night and I wouldn't have changed a minute of it. Stay tuned for the next installment. . .Saturday. (By the way, my camera was packed and so these are the only pictures that I thought to take with my phone. Oh, and sorry Chad for posting the pictures, but I just couldn't resist. However, I will tell everyone how manly you were through the whole ordeal and how you impressed the doctor with your massive muscles.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Now I see how you saw Amy. Hope she's doing well.

Debbie said...

Chad needs to at least say he was skiing or something exciting to dislocate his shoulder. Who dislocates their shoulder putting on a hoodie??!! I'd make up a whopper.