The Sunday of my trip was the epitome of relaxation. After going to bed sometime after 2:00 am, my eyes popped open (against my internal will) at the bright hour of 9:30 am. So, what is a girl to do so early in the morning when there are no kids to take care of and my hosts are still deep in dream land? I read. How fabulous is that? I don't even remember the last time I was able to just wake up and do whatever I wanted to do. I read for a good 2 hours and then my body started to get a little restless. It is now 11:30 am and there is no sign of life from the bed chamber of my dear sister and so I decide to go for a walk. I walked up the street and checked out the remnants of DT and then I decided that it was really a bit chilly and so I decided to head back to the house. Katie and Chad had finally decided to grace the day with their presence which made me very happy because I was hungry and Chad needed to make me a protein shake. It was yummy by the way. I won't bore you with all of the details of the day, but it basically consisted of laying around in our pajamas and alternating watching TV with playing Guitar Hero. Oh, and there were also a couple of meals thrown in there (it takes a lot of energy to lay around you know).

Sadly, the day eventually came to an end and so I packed-up and my sister drove me up to Bountiful to spend the night with my super-fabulous friend Amy. Amy and her cute husband had just gotten home from a cruise when I pulled up to their house. This turned out to be a great blessing because she ended up being just as tired as I was. The night was pretty quiet and we went to bed relatively early. Then on Monday, we got up and she took me to the airport. All I can say is that I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with my dear friend, but we made the visit the best we could. I loved seeing her with her cute family and seeing her as a mom. She just gets cooler with age.

So folks, that's my trip in a nutshell. A really big nutshell. Now it is back to the humdrum of daily life, but at least for now the humdrum is much more exciting to me than it was before I left. The kids missed me terribly and so did Doug. When I came home everyone was still in one piece and the house was still standing. I am counting this trip as a success. I must try this again one day.
4 comments:
Holey funness, batman! I am jealous of such a relaxing trip. What fun memories to record too. Next time you come out this way, I will have to meet you somewhere. I miss you terribly. I guess we all have to grow up and move out of the student ward eventually.
Oh dear Britain, I don't think we really need to move out of the student ward in a mental sense. I am basically mid-30's and I swear that most of my friends are still students. Of course the fact that they were all born in the 80's is starting to make me feel a little old. Some day I will come to Vegas and I promise I will see you.
Thoroughly enjoyed your trip down memory lane and am inspired now for my own trip this weekend. In fact, completely stealing your layout.
The sight of DT was a little shocking! I'd heard about it, but still, so many memories in a pile of concrete!!! Did you steal any rubble?
I think it's great you were able to get away and have so much fun! I'm jealous, but also happy for you. Reading (without the noise of children) and going for a walk alone sounds amazing!
Post a Comment