Thursday, April 10, 2008
I have a dream
It's not a big dream, but I do have one. I have a dream that one day I will have a bathroom on the main floor of the house (if I have to potty train one more kid in this house I will not be happy). I have a dream that one day I will have my own bathroom in my room (Is this a theme? But really it is just wrong to have one kid in the tub, one on the toilet and one pulling everything out from under the sink while I try to dry my hair). I have a dream that one day I will have a kitchen that doesn't embarrass me. I have a dream that one day I will have a couch that doesn't embarrass me (actually this will come true at the end of May, but since it isn't actually here yet it is still a dream). I have a dream that one day I will actually have some ability and vision to decorate my house. Finally, I have a dream that one day I will weigh 110 pounds like I did when I got married. OK, so those are a lot of dreams and the last two will never happen, but that is why they are called dreams. So, until they come true I will continue to live in my little reality and smile as I think about my dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
much chuckling, my dear.
It's always good to have a dream, right? Don't let it die! Good luck with that! :)
You are so sweet!! I have a dream as well. That my children will be happy and never be sad. That their spouses will be loving and kind to them. That your dad will be able to play golf all over the world if he wants. That I will weigh 112 lbs. just like when I got married almost 35 years ago. That my grandchildren will be loving and kind to their parents and that they will not sleep through church when they are teenagers. That you will get those bathrooms you desire. That your couch will arrive earlier than scheduled. That you will have the kitchen of your dreams but maybe the disposal won't work. (hardships) You make me laugh and my heart swells with pride for the good and loving mother you are to your children. I love Doug for the man he is in taking care of all of you and his calm approach to life. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when you two got together. My dream is to have a happy, loving family that doesn't go bolistic on each other as we live in homes that have enough bathrooms, great kitchen, wonderful couches, and all of us looking slim, tan, and happy!!!
I love you mama!
I like the I have a dream train of thought. I know this is no consolation, but everytime I come to your house, I have to go to the bathroom and I appreciate the exercise of going up the stairs. If you are not happy with it, I am?? There is no reason to be embarrased by your kitchen! It's roomy, and cozy all at the same time. I have partaken of many a good meal in the Seymour kitchen!
Yes, I can think of some dreams of my own. It is good to be able to stare off into the misty realms of may-never-happen occasionally.
You know I can get a little emotional.....well, I have read your "dream" entry and the comments (particularly Mom's and Trish's) and tears have filled my eyes. Anything profound has already been said by others. I love you! Dad.
Post a Comment