Monday, April 7, 2008
Fathers Are Wonderful
About a week ago my dad called me up and told me to come over after church to switch cars with my mom. He then informed me that he was going to take my car in to get completely detailed and ionized. You see, last summer Doug bought us a van. Very wonderful, very thoughtful, and very needed (the three kids just didn't fit in the back of the Jeep very well). Unfortunately, he failed to notice the unbelievable smokers stench that clouded the interior of the car until after he had purchased the car and was driving home (he claims he couldn't smell it because he was test driving the car with the windows down. No problem, I will just have to make sure that I am with him the next time he purchases a car). Anyway, since then we have been trying and trying to get rid of this wretched smell. Well, that is why my wonderful father surprised me with this car spring cleaning. He loves me and just wanted me to have a nice smelling car. Well, the car has been cleaned twice now and it looks absolutely amazing. I can't believe how clean those guys were able to get the interior and it wasn't even bad to begin with. As far as the smoke smell goes, it has greatly improved and now the most noticeable smell is that of the cleaners that they used to clean the upholstery. We just have to replace the air filters and then I think we will be set. So once again I must say that fathers are wonderful. I greatly appreciate this wonderful gift that he has given me and I have vowed to keep it looking nice always (at least as long as I possiblly can with three kids who tend to forget to bring their junk in the house and a baby who likes to throw food all over the place). Thank you, thank you, thank you daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Fathers are wonderful! My dad even let's Todd put him in time-out. What a guy!
Is anyone else disturbed by the image of the previous owner hauling around a van full of kids with a cigarette hanging out of his/her mouth at all times? Aaaaaah, chain smoking and mini-vans... the perfect combination!
I'm so glad your dad helped get rid of the smell!!!
p.s. Uncle Mike in time-out! Now that's an image I can live with! Hilarious....
Mom said for me to read your blog. I would've gotten around to it in a day or so if she had not told me to check it out. She wanted me to see your nice note about the van. I was happy to do it. Father's will always be fathers!!
Our van had that lovely oder in it when we bought ours too. I Fabreezed it to death and it finally went away.
Yay for wonderful Dads!
Post a Comment