Since Ty was not able to participate in the church portion of Easter, I wasn't able to get pictures of him in his cute tie. So, this past Sunday I made the kids get dressed as if it were Easter again and I took some pictures. As I looked back over the pictures that I had taken, it became apparent that I was completely focused on Tyler and trying to make sure that he was sitting and looking at the camera. While my efforts were focused on Tyler, I think Dillon snapped and found himself unable to take another picture. I have to admit that I was very bugged by the faces that Dillon felt the need to make. Oh well, these are memories. Right?
Here's the first picture taken. Dillon is obviously still willing to humor me a bit.
So much for Dillon humoring me and Tyler is copying Kelsey who is off to the side making horns on her head with her fingers.
This picture had so much potential. Oh well, I still love my little goofball, but I don't think we'll be sitting for pictures again any time soon.
7 comments:
Great idea! For some odd reason I neglected to take an Easter photo of just my kids in their cute outfits. What kind of a mother am I?!?! The sole purpose I even got them cute Easter outfits was to blog about it and scrapbook it. I'm going to copy you.
I love those pictures. Tyler looks adorable making horns :)
Could his eyes be any brighter in the third picture?? I think no...
BTW - I made toast today on tuscany bread. YUM-O! Thanks for the tip...
Tanner seems unable to smile normally in pictures lately, too. Maybe it's the Garlock genes.
I was beating myself up over the fact that I did not have someone take a family picture on Sunday when we were all dolled up, but then I remembered how hard it was to get the picture of just the three kids. I don't think we even have a chance of getting a good family photo without the help of photoshop and someone with the skills to use it. I love that Ty copies Kelsey. Too cute.
I love the shots of my toothless boy and the little Ty and of course, the princess!! They look great in their Easter wear and I am glad they show their little personalities. Arise up, oh those little ones who are constantly being asked to "SMILE, NO, LOOK AT MAMA, NO, KELSEY, LOOK THIS WAY, STOP GRINNING SO BIG, LOOK AT ME, COME ON, JUST ONE MORE, OKAY, JUST ONE MORE, DILLON, HOLD TY STILL, OKAY, JUST ONE MORE, I THINK THIS IS THE LAST ONE, SMILE, SAY CHEESE, SAY MARSHMALLOWS, SAY I LOVE GRANDMA, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NOT TOTALLY HAPPY WITH THESE, BUT HEY, TYLER WAS SITTING PRETTY STILL, WE'LL TAKE IT!!" They crack me up!
With three kids we have found it completely impossible to take a great family picture. It always ends in tears in our house. I laugh when I think about the many times I angrily say to my kids, "SMILE!"
We had family pictures taken at Christmas time. It doesnt make any difference if everyone grows up and moves out. Somone is always making a horn on their head.
Post a Comment