Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The stats are in


I am always amazed at the varying degrees of statures within my home. It is pretty fun in my opinion to see how differently my children grow. How can three kids from the same parents vary so dramatically in size and whatnot? Fun stuff. Anyway, I took Kelsey to the doctor this week for her 5 year check-up. When Dillon went in for his 5 year old shots, he screamed and cried and had to be held down. Then, he proceeded to act like he was crippled for 3 days due to the pain and emotional turmoil of it all. Sheesh. In contrast, Kelsey did amazing. 4 shots in the legs and not a single tear. She said "Ow" once and that was it. All she really cared about was getting her 4 prizes from the prize drawer. This girl is going to be amazing one day when it comes to having kids. It has always been obvious that Kelsey is pure Seymour when it comes to her build. Of course my poor boys didn't get any of that stuff. She measured a fabulous 46 3/4 inches (whatever that is in feet and once again off the top of the chart, unlike my poor little Tyler who has never even been on the chart let alone past it). The girl is going to have legs to die for. Unfortunately it was also confirmed that she weighs way more than Dillon. She hides it well though. You wouldn't know how dense she was unless you tried to pick her up (I really try not to). I am going to love watching this girl play sports as she grows up. She is energetic to the hilt and has more bounce in her than she even knows what to do with. Those of you who know her know what I mean. She really physically bounces all day long. She is the best and I wouldn't change a thing about her. Although I don't look forward to having to look up at her to yell at her when she is a teenager.

5 comments:

Heather A said...

What a healthy, happy girl! I wish I did know her better. She sounds like a character!

Trish said...

Beth, Kelsey has definitely hit a growth spurt. When I was at the park the other day I realized why I am not starting Max in kindergarten next year. Only little Owen Wilde was shorter than him and Kelsey is literally 1.5 feet taller. We won't even go into maturity levels. She has really grown up. It has been very fun to watch.

Dehner Family said...

I love my sweet bouncing Kelsey. It's one of my favorite things about her. I'm excited for summer so she can come spend the day eating popcycles with cousin Morgan.

rachel said...

Wow Beth, she is tall! She sounds like she would get along famously with my Audrey - full of life. (Funny, Audrey is my tallest kid too - is there a correlation?)
I have fun reading your blog. If you get to visit Utah for a longer time sometime, let me know - we could do lunch or something.

Kurt & Shawn said...

Those kids crack me up. What a group. I am one lucky grandma to have all of my 5 close by and now, 4 new baby kittens from the cat we have called Steve for almost a year. Whoops!!! You are a cute family doing cute things together. Remember that when you DO have to look up at Kelsey when she is a teenager and using your 'indoor' voice reinforce something!!!! I'm sure that's how your parents did it!!!!!!!