Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oops

Yesterday morning Tyler called 911. I was in the shower at the time, but apparently he found the telephone that I had left on Dillon's bed and in his quest to pretend to call someone he inadvertently dialed 911 and proceeded to babble to the operator. Doug was sitting on the couch watching cartoons with the kids when there was suddenly a loud knock on the front door. The error was discovered and the police officer went away, but I felt absolutely horrible. I have never had a kid call 911 before. It is once again proven that we can't take our eyes off of this kid for a second. He is small and sneaky and can easily fly under our watchful radar. It's a good thing he is so cute or I would have to sell him to the gypsies.

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Every mom has to encounter that one dreaded knock sometime in their life. So far, not at our home. It would take a long time for an officer to come anyways. We don't have a police station where we are. How 'bout that? I feel so safe! I'm sure my time will come.

Emilia said...

My brother did it when he was five, but he told them he'd been kidnapped. My mom was a little confused when the entire police force showed up in our driveway.

Anonymous said...

Nice!! I always wanted one of you children to call China or something. 911 is the next best thing. Cute! Grandma D.

Jessica said...

Both my kids have called 911, but thankfully neither resulted on a knock on the door. We did get a call back once. I guess I was able to suitably reassure them that no secret violence was happening at our house.

Britain said...

My moms girls were in a fight a few years ago and one (8 year old) threatened to call the police if her sister didn't do what she wanted. Well she did just that. Didn't say anything, just hung up. Police came by soon after. Needless to say, mom was not too happy.