Monday, March 31, 2008

It's about time!!!

I am getting my carpets cleaned on Wednesday. I am so excited. I am not necessarily the best housekeeper in the world, but I do like things clean and organized. Unfortunately that is not always how my house looks. I blame it on the fact that our house is way too small for our family, I have a toddler who is a walking tornado of destruction, and a lot of times I am just too busy or lazy to do the house work that I need to do. With that said, this weekend I hit a new low. I won't go into details, but let's just say that things aren't pretty right now. The past couple of weeks have been just plain crazy and my house has been much messier than I would normally let it be. It is this new low that has prompted my call to the carpet cleaners. For months and months and months we have talked about the fact that we need our carpets cleaned. They are gross and dirty and show the wear that a carpet would show from being abused by a bunch of crazy and lively children for the past 5 years. Well, after realizing that I am now living in the gross house I have decided to break out the scrubbing artilary and I called the carpet cleaners and they are coming on Wednesday. No more I tell you. It is time to break out of the winter funk and bring spring to my house in a barrage of antibacterial cleaners and clean carpets. There is no stopping me now. What's next? A new couch? Maybe I could actually paint the baseboards that I primed when we moved in 5 1/2 years ago? The possibilities are endless.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Beth, I am in need of some serious carpet cleaning myself. I was just vacuuming the other day, I know, me vacuuming, and I said, "our carpet looks like carpets from the very unclean people on my mission!" This has got to stop!

Kurt & Shawn said...

Beth, I am so happy for you. I too feel the pain. We have had the carpet cleaned as many times as these poor threads can handle. New carpet is our mantra as soon as the beast dies!!!!! Die baby die! Curse the chat that Scott had with Bailey before he left on his mission. By the time he gets back, I will have started cutting chunks out of the carpet and his cancer snout will measure 2' X 6'.
I applaud your Spring Fever and encourage you to hand cloth and spray to said grandchildren and let them assist in 'operation de - winter germ' or send them to 'Horton Hears a Who'.

Jessica said...

Yeah, I'm looking at my carpets now, and I know how you feel. How do they get like that anyway!