Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hockey


We were able to get tickets from my dad for the Columbus Blue Jackets game this past Friday. Thank you dad! I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to be the fun mom and to take Dillon and Kelsey with Doug and I to the game. We learned a valuable lesson that night: Hockey is not for Kelsey. The first thing she asked when we sat down was when were we going to get something to eat. Then she proceeded to talk non-stop while bouncing up and down. We eventually moved up a couple of rows so that she would stop bothering the people in front of us. Dillon, on the other hand, loved every minute. Of course, it probably helped that there was quite a fight within the first few minutes of the game. This turned out to be his favorite part. We lasted two periods and then took the kids for ice cream. Of course when we left the game it was pretty uneventful, the other team had scored once against us and it didn't look like things were really going to change. Well, it seems we missed quite a game. After we left, the game into overtime and a shootout. Dillon would be sad if he knew that. On the way home we asked Kelsey if she like the game better than Princesses on ice? She said, "No, there wasn't even any outfits that I liked." She then made it clear that hockey was not her favorite. Oh well, next time the girl stays home.




2 comments:

Britain said...

I love it when you plan a fun outing and it doesn't go quite how you imagined. I love the comment about the outfits not being up to par. Such a girl!

Taryn said...

Favorite quote ever: "There wasn't even any outfits I liked." Amen, sister.