Or as Doug likes to refer to it (as his way of mocking all weathermen) Deathstorm 2008. Either way, we loved it. The blizzard brought back all kinds of memories of my youth. Growing up in Colorado and playing in blizzards with my brother Mike and building igloos and snow tunnels in our yard. So fun. Plus, we had 48 hours of solid family time which hasn't happened in quite a while. We were lazy, we played games, I did laundry, it was wonderful (except for the laundry part). We were also very sad when Monday came and Doug went back to work. I was especially sad because school was cancelled which meant that I had all of the kids home with me all day long. Now the weather is warmer and the snow is melting much faster than I would like. Although, I must say that I am happy about the warmer weather.
Here is a picture that I took from my parent's blog because I didn't have the right setting on my camera and so every picture that I took during the actual blizzard part of the storm just came out white. Doesn't my dad look so fine in his coveralls and tractor? What a man. Especially since he probably got up early to plow their driveway since I was supposed to be coming over to scrapbook in their basement all day. Thanks dad!

Here is my cute honey being the manly man that he is and shoveling our driveway. Plus, he was so patient to wait until Tyler went down for a nap so that I didn't have to fight with a sad Tyler while the kids were all outside. The reason being that I don't have any snow clothes whatsoever for that poor baby.
Here is a picture of our neighbor's car just to show you how high the snow was.
Here are some fun pictures of the kids in the snow. Doug built a fun snow ramp for the kids to sled on, which sent them right into the street. Luckily there weren't any cars out that day. I also have to say that Dillon was such a sport because I never bought him new snow pants this year and so the pants he had to wear were 3 sizes too small. Proof that there is no obstacle to big to keep a boy out of the snow.


10 comments:
Wow! You guys got it much worse than we did! Looks like your kids had fun.
I played tennis at the park in shorts today. Do we miss Columbus weather? Hmmmm.
What a storm. Andrew was almost stuck there in Ohio. He luckily made it home before it got worse. I am glad you could find enjoyment in that crazy weather.
It looks like your attitude about the snow was a lot better than mine!
Holy cow! We definitely haven't gotten any snow like that in Idaho this year. Looks like fun!
For those of us living in Arizona, this would be "hell" --not the firey burn as has been described by many. Glad you have not frozen to death. Love, Auntie Debbie
Just a side note---it's 80 degrees here and we're wearing short sleeves and shorts.
Seriously- we have had a killer winter- plenty of cold but hardly ANY snow. An inch or two here and there. We love to be snowed in, just not now. We want lots and lots of SUN.
I'm still laughing about "Deathstorm 2008"!! I can just hear Doug saying that.
Yikes! I am GLAD that never happened in the three years Scott and I lived in Columbus.
You always have such funny blogs. I always end up laughing out loud a lot louder than I mean to when I read your blogs.
Post a Comment