Friday, March 28, 2008

A boy and his plug

Ty has one great love and that is his plug, or Lull as he calls it. Actually, that would be his plugs for he has many of them. I was so good with Dillon. When Dillon was a baby he was only allowed to have his plugs when he was in bed. Ty on the other hand, gets them much more often. It started out so slowly. I blame teething. This has been a rough winter for Tyler. He has basically been sick all winter long and therefore has been very cranky all winter long. It turns out that he gets colds very easily, and whenever he is teething (which seems to be constantly) he gets a cold as well. So, in order to keep my sanity I have been much more liberal with my use of his plug. As I looked over past pictures, I became very aware of how many of them include Tyler with his plug and so I thought that a blog posting about the plug was appropriate. Although in my defense, he is only allowed to have them at home, so at least I am still setting some boundaries, right?

Here Tyler sees the plug in his bed. He wants it desperately and he notices that the side rail is down. Maybe I can lift my leg high enough to climb in, he thinks.

The leg lift didn't work. Maybe I climb in this way? No such luck.
Devestation. All that work and no plug to show for it. Pleeeeease mom, can I have my plug? (of course I gave in because I am such sucker for that sweet face)
This is to show that in the end, one plug just isn't enough. A man really needs at least two. One for the mouth and one to hold on to. Two plugs makes TyTy a very happy boy. He loves to switch them around. He will suck on one for a few seconds and then switch them up so that he has a cold one to suck on. He will do this over and over again as long as he has more than one plug. He has also made it abundantly clear that he must have at least two plugs when he goes to bed at night. As of the last cold, one plug at night is no longer acceptable at bed time. I fear the day he must be broken of this special love affair.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

They then transfer the need to something like---watching every sport event on TV---playing every sport---throwing everything they get their hands on---jumping over everything---climbing on everything within view---you get the picture---gotta ♥♥♥ loves boys!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dehner Family said...

What kind of mother lets their child have a binky at that age... Oh wait, my 2 year old still has one and cries for it all day long... Never mind, you're a fabulous mother!

Devon and Brooke said...

i love the plugs - Barrett has the same green one! love it!

Kurt & Shawn said...

Alright, my girls, I wish I could say that "I never allowed the plug to rule MY life" but we all know better. One must do what one must do to stay sane. I applaud your sensitivity to the needs of my grandsons and just want you to know, by doing this you will Not be on the 'Maury Show' entitled 'Mothers who UNPLUGGED too early'. Carry on GOOD mothers!!! Grandma D.

Anonymous said...

A happy baby=a happy mama (sometimes). He is so cute and little!