Friday, February 29, 2008

Princess on Ice

I am a little late in posting these fun pictures, but home improvement projects have been calling. Last week I took Kelsey to see Disney Princesses on Ice. We went with her dear friend Hannah. It was a night of girls being girls and having fun being together. Kelsey had been sick since the Sunday before, but luckily her fever broke the night before our date. She would have been absolutely devestated if she had missed this event. Even though she wasn't feeling 100%, she was definitely a trooper. We went out to dinner beforehand at Red Robin. The highlight there was definitely the chocolate shake. After we had sufficiently filled ourselves on burgers, corn dogs and fries, we headed off to the performance.
The girls were on the edge of their seats the whole first half of the show. As far as they were concerned, the night would have been perfect if the show had ended there. The whole second half, which was dedicated to the story of Cinderella, Kelsey kept asking when another princess was going to come out. At one point I caught her looking up at the ceiling and so I asked her what she was doing. "Looking for something to do" was her reply. She has never been one with a long attention span. She also repeatedly asked if she could go down and touch the ice. She has been dying to go ice skating and Doug has yet to take her this winter. I am sure that watching these girls rubbed a little salt in her need to skate wound. As we were headed to the show that night, it totally started snowing. By the time the show was over, the streets were well covered and visibility was bad. We started home on the freeway, but after reaching a maximum speed of 10 mph and watching the cars fishtailing all around us, we opted to take the side streets. A 17 minute drive ended up taking over an hour. This proved to be too much for the girls.
Luckily we had a snow day the next day and so Kelsey (and Mom) were able to sleep in. Overall, the evening was a success and a wonderful memory for my girl and I.
Here is a picture of Aladin and Jasmine. I must say that if I had to pick, Aladin was by far my favorite prince. In fact, I swear that I saw him about 8 years ago in a Stars on Ice performance that I went to with my mom, sister and brother. Overall, the princes were actually quite short and really not all that impressive.
Here's a picture of Ariel and Eric. Actually, this looks a lot like mine and Doug's first date (haha).
Finally, here is Cinderella and her castle.

1 comment:

Kortney Manning said...

I can totally see you and Doug doing that "over-the-head" move!!