Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday with the Tynado

The kids had a snow day today. It was fabulous. I slept in until 8:30 and then stayed in my pajamas all day. I also ignored my life and just let the house fall apart all around me. This was also fabulous. I think that my relaxed attitude rubbed off on my little Tynado as well. He felt free to roam the house and create destruction in his wake. This isn't anything out of the ordinary, the difference is that today I didn't care. After dealing with him and his constant whining and crying and demanding to be held for the last week or so, this calm attitude of his was an extremely nice break. Yesterday was truly the breaking point for me with my little angel. He was totally inconsolable all day long for no good reason (as far as I could tell). Well, little did I know that his entire body had undergone an enormous eczema outbreak brought on by teething and this ridiculously cold weather that we are having right now. I suppose that I would be a bit cranky too if my entire body itched to kingdom come. So, last night I lubed him with steroid cream, shot him full of Zyrtec and sent him to bed. This made for a much happier TyTy today and enabled him to create the kind of destruction that I have always known him capable. Plus, the fact that Dillon was home all day was just the icing on the cake for the little guy. Finally, a happy day.

Here are the boys sharing a post-breakfast moment in front of the heater.


Here are the kids outside playing in the snow (and rain) (And yes, Kelsey is very tall for her age. She and Dillon are standing side by side. She got all of the Seymour height and has killer legs).


Here is my pretty little girl. . .I mean boy. He found this hat in KK's dress-up box and just had to wear it around the house. He must have known that the bow matched his eyes.



Finally, it turns out that TyTy was a trying to decorate himself as a Valentine as I helped KK with hers. Perhaps pink would have been a more appropriate color?

1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

Another snow day today! YAY!