What a long week this has been. For the past few weeks I have found myself in a little bout of depression. Crazy and so unlike me. So, now that I have snapped myself out of it, here are a few things that I have learned:
1. Facebook can be just as fun as blogging.
2. Sleep is an absolute necessity and I do not do well when I am not sleeping (still working on this).
3. My house does not get clean if I don't clean it. I am still waiting for the little cleaning fairies to do their work each night and so far it hasn't happened.
4. Dillon never stops talking. He has an amazing imagination which I love. However, I do not love that he is in a non-stop state of explaining the intricate details of his made-up worlds.
5. I am severely out of shape. This was brought to my attention after looking at my vacation photos and also after running a 5k today. I have a throbbing headache and am so tired I can hardly see straight. Apparently I look so pitiful that Doug is taking the kids to a movie tonight so that I can just rest and do whatever I want (his idea).
6. When I don't get a chance to talk to Doug each day or to spend time with him, it really starts to wear on me and it makes me really cranky without me realizing it.
7. I have no control over the people around me. I cannot change those I want to change, I can only change myself.
8. I am incapable of holding in my opinions and I have a lot of opinions. This also relates to #6.
9. Spending a lot of money at Costco is really easy.
10. I am a mighty Fruit Fly slayer.
11. No matter how bad you might think thing are, there is always someone who has it worse. Thinking of others really does help take the pity party off of myself.
12. When all else seems to be failing, go back to the basics, they really do work.
I am sure there are more things I could add, but it is dinner time and I am hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You learned a lot this week. I do not think you are out of shape - you finished today didn't you... And I am proud of you too! I enjoyed having you there - it wouldn't have been the same without you. Sorry I was a crapy sister-in-law while you were depressed - I should have brought you ice cream... Cookies n cream...
Also- I just noticed that my background color is about the same as yours... I'm not trying to copy, but really there are only a few colors to choose from.
hehehehe! Beth the mighty fruit fly slayer. I love it!
Beth I am glad you are back. Every morning I log into my computer at work, glance over my schedule and emails glaring at me and then I take a gander to a few blogs, one of which is yours. You not posting has totally thrown me off in my daily routine. I am glad you have learned what you needed to learn. We all have learning moments, days, weeks, years, etc. Love ya!
Welcome back.
I love this post.
Post a Comment