Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Another reason I am a bit of a freak
So, I went to the Chiropractor today. It was my first ever official visit to a Chiropractor. (I am not counting the one time that a friend of Doug's adjusted my back when he himself was in Chiropractic school). I have had a horrendous headache for at least a week now and I think that my family is just as ready for me to be rid of this beast as I am . Anyhoo, since drugs are doing nothing I headed to the Chiropractor. This is not what makes me a freak. I really quite enjoyed my little visit and subsequent crackings. I left the room feeling straighter and lighter and much more informed about my own spine. This is where my little freakishness comes into play. Upon paying, I was informed that I would also receive a free 10 minute massage. Now, most of you would be jumping up and down at this wonderful opportunity. "A free massage?" You would say, "Sign me up!!" But not me. I really dislike massages. I find them uncomfortable and really, I don't like to be touched that much, let alone by some stranger weilding smelly oils. Regardless of my initial reaction to this offer, I thought that I would give it a try. In all honesty, I have never really had a true massage by a real massager before. Maybe this one would be different. Maybe I would like it. Maybe it would be the answer to all of my back's problems. Well, it wasn't. I didn't like it. It hurt and made me more tense. Now I am even more sore and I smell like aromatherapeutic oil that I would never in a million years choose to have on my body. Oh well. Now I know. This is why I just get pedicures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I never quite thought about massage oils in quite that way.. I am almost talked into joining your freakdance.
So Glad you are back to the blogosphere Beth...I love your fun look on life.
And I quite enjoyed the matching blog. Scheenbers does not like matching to this day. I gave up on that 23 years ago.You have lasted far longer than I.
So is your headache gone? Hopefully it wasn't a totaly waste.
Nope, headache still here. But I am hopefull that it will improve.
How about a head massage from your mama!!! I will not use smelly oils and chants, I will slap you around like old times and put you in a quiet room and close the door. Call me when you are feeling better!! I am nurse Nancy, you know but not such a good one to my own family. I promise to treat the grandkids with tender; loving nursehood. That is a promise!!!!
I do not like massages either, not that I have ever had one. The thought of having a stranger rub me down kind of makes me want to puke.
I hope your headache is better soon, could it be allergies?
Post a Comment