Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dillon's Big Day

Dillon was baptized yesterday. It was a great day filled with family, friends, and good food. The baptism itself was short, sweet and to the point and I couldn't have been more proud of my little man. The most exciting part for Dillon, and all of the kids in attendance was the spider that was trying to swim in the font with him. In the end, the spider drowned. It was very exciting.
Here's Dillon posing for me before the baptism. Apperently his eyes are allergic to the sun because they were closed in every picture I took outside. This was the only picture where his eyes even came close to being open and really he just looks like he is in pain. Shortly afterward his eyes started to water due to the strain of having them open this far and that was the end of our picture taking session.
A proud dad and his boy.
Me, the proud Momma. Oh, and if you look really close, you will see that due to the craziness of the day, I only have one eye that has mascara on the top lashes only. That's it. How I managed to forget the rest of the lashes, I have no idea.
Here we are, after the baptism. Now, if you look close, you will see that full mascara has been applied. My darling sister was kind enough to race home and get some mascara for me so that I could finish the job.

8 comments:

Jen said...

How exciting! The picture of Dillon in the sun makes me laugh, because Will makes similar faces and hates taking pictures outside.

Kenna said...

Oh, I wish you had called and told us...Tanner would have loved to have seen Dillon's baptism. He has already asked me when we can see Dillon now that we have moved. Congrats to Dillon!

rachel said...

Do you ever wonder how we got old enough to have an eight year old? Something about eight just made me feel like I crossed into a new realm.
Congrats to Dillon. Oh, and I can't tell about the mascara at all.

Carie said...

Congratulations, what an exciting day.

My oldest turns 12 (gasp) in Oct.

Pye family said...

Thanks Beth- It was a great day. We all really enjoyed it and everyone was sad when we had to go home and end the festivities. We love being a part of the Dehner family. I'm so excited for Rachel's big day. Dillon's baptism has got us all excited.

Kurt & Shawn said...

We are so proud of Dillon and what a "Ready" 8 year old he is. We loved being part of the festivities. Grammy and Granpa sure do love you Dillon and a great example for your sister and brother. See you soon. Smooch, Smooch!!!!

Kathy said...

Congratulations!! We are very excited for and proud of Dillon and wish we could have been there! Glad that the day was beautiful. The pictures are great!!

Britain said...

Dillon, What a great choice you made to be baptized. You are awesome! We miss you lots and lots. Love, Payton, Ryan and their mommy.