Monday:
Wow, that was a long time ago. What on earth did we do? I remember that Doug had the day off. That was nice. I remember that I took Kelsey to the Labor Day picnic (Dillon had a total and comlete meltdown before we left and so all the boys stayed home) where we proceeded to roast our little heads off due to the unbearably hot weather and lack of air movement. STAGNANT AIR! It was hot. Oh, and Doug took Dillon fishing so that he could finally use his new tackle box that he got for his birthday.
Tuesday:
I went to the doctor where I discovered a.) I weigh too much b.) Internists are obviously for the 70+ crowd and c.) I need a second opinion on my headaches. Other than that, the kids went to school, Tyler napped and Doug worked very late.
Wednesday:
Kelsey had her first piano lesson. It was very cute and she was very shy. We'll see how this goes. She may not be ready and I am not going to fight her (yet). Plus, we don't even have a real piano. After that, Kelsey went to school and I spent quality time with TyTy. Once again Doug worked way too late and I didn't clean my house.
Thursday:
Kelsey had a play date with her little friend Grace and my friend so graciously took Tyler as well. An hour and a half of unplanned childless time! What is a girl to do? Go to the bank, return some very overdue books to the library, and spend a good 45 minutes on my hands and knees scrubbing my very nasty kitchen floor that never looks like it has ever been cleaned. Then I spent the rest of the day frantically cleaning my house (which had been severely overlooked for the past couple of weeks) for my card night ladies.
Friday:
I had a hot date. Dillon so graciously agreed to be my date for the night. We had a lovely dinner at Wendy's, followed by some light shopping at Toys R' Us. Dillon has had birthday money burning a hole in his pocket. After our shopping we strutted over the the movie theater for a showing of Kung Fu Panda. After the movie, we decided that we needed a little dessert and so we strolled over to Dairy Queen for a couple of cones. With the evening coming to a close, we decided to pop over and say a quick "Hello" to Aunt Katie and Uncle Chad who had just moved into their apartment. This would have been a perfect end to the evening if Katie and I hadn't totally taken out their newly installed cable cord from the wall as we tried to put the couch back in place. Oops. Other than that little episode it was a perfect evening with my little man.
Saturday:
I love Saturdays because they are my sleep-in days. It is the only morning where I don't have to get Tyler out of bed, get anyone to school, or to make anyone breakfast. I don't need to sleep-in long. Just long enough to know that everyone has already eaten. Then the rest of the day was basically spent with our wonderful friends the Pyes for our weekly Buckeye Football party. I love Buckeye Football season. I don't necessarily care about football, but I can't help but get swept up in all of the excitement that everyone else (and I mean everyone) has for the Buckeyes.
Overall, it was a good week. Although I hope that next week is a bit less chaotic. Probably not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is too bad that we don't live closer to the hills of West Virginia because with an agenda like that I'd go on a date with you too. But being first cousins and living in suburbia that would probably be frowned upon.
How fun. I wish I could come to the Buckeye parties! Why aren't we invited? Oh wait..We live in a different state. I guess we will just have to watch the games by ourselves. GO BUCKEYES!!!!
If you weigh too much, I might as well sit down with a huge bag of chips, a gallon of ice cream, and a pound of chocolate and eat myself into eternity cause there is no hope for me----
Post a Comment