So, it's been a long week. Many of our friends have been without power all week long. Along with that, the kids have been out of school all week long due to that lack of power. Needless to say, this has been a very long week. So, what have we done this week you ask? Unfortunately nothing good. Just trying to get through each day without strangling the children. School is a good thing and I look forward to sending them again next week.
Monday:
We still didn't have power and so we went up to Grandma and Grandpa's house to hang out and enjoy their generator. Dillon helped clean up the yard and felt manly using his massive muscles. Doug's car was broken so we got to take him to work and pick him up so that we weren't stranded in our non-electric house.
Tuesday:
Electricity is a good thing and it finally came back on. We took Doug to work, went to the grocery store and then Kelsey and Dillon each had a friend over to play. Meanwhile, I was in a constant state of motion as I tried to put my house back together after the power outage. The happy part of the day was that Doug got a ride home from work and then spent the night fixing his car.
Wednesday:
I spent the day babysitting one of my very most favorite babies, Cosette. This girl is the most dreamy of babies. Kelsey acted as the very best helper in the world and played with Cosette all day and was so sweet and fun to be around. Kelsey also had her piano lesson and Dillon played at a friend's house.
Thursday:
We went over to a friend's house to watch her kids while my friend went to the dentist. Then Dillon had another friend over and Kelsey wandered around the house bored out of her pretty little head wondering what to do with herself. That night I went out in search of some clothes for Kelsey, became very depressed at the lack of appropriate clothing for Kelsey in her size, and once again was reminded of how much I really detest shopping.
Friday:
We were desperately hoping that school would be in session today. No such luck, so we went to Costco and wasted a good portion of the morning. Then we came home and wasted some more time. By this point we were all bored and wandering around the house not knowing what to do with ourselves. The saving grace of the week was that I got to spend the night scrapbooking at my dear friend Denise's house while her family was out camping. It was heavenly and much needed after a long week.
Saturday:
We, and by we I mean Doug, spent the entire day in the backyard cleaning up after the hurricane winds and pruning our massive oak tree. I spent the day trying to keep Tyler away from sharp tree cutting objects. Then we went to my parent's house for a little dinner and family togetherness.
Sunday:
There will be no church tomorrow due to the lack of electricity. Who knows what we'll do. Probably nothing and a lot of sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We have suffered the same fate here except Rylee only missed one day of school and Tanner and Ella went back on Friday. It has been quite an adventure. How did your roof fare?
It is crazy that you experienced the storm as bad as we did. I am crossing my fingers that we have school on Monday. I can not come up with any more creative ways to waste the days away.
How cool. Nothing exciting ever happens in AZ. The only thing we get cancelled is recess because of excessive heat index. Boring---
Post a Comment