Sunday, August 3, 2008
Sunday ADD
Every week I am a hypocrite. I expect my children to sit nice and quiet for three full hours when I, myself, have not accomplished such a task in years. I think that I have developed Sunday ADD. I really only sit through Sacrament meeting every other week (Doug and I take turns with Tyler who is comletely incapable of sitting for more than three minutes). So, if I do manage to sit through Sacrament meeting, it is completely impossible for me to go to Sunday school. I mean really, I just sat for a full 85 minutes. Are you kidding me? So, I walk out into the hall to make sure the kids get to their classes. Then I manage to find all kinds of people to talk to while they themselves are on their way to their respective classes. By the time I am done with my socializing, it really is too late to walk into class. Especially since there is only one way in and no empty seats anywhere near the door. So, I really have no choice but to go and sit in the lobby and socialize some more. Plus, now is the time for me to gear up to sit through another hour of RS. Once inside RS, I must admit that I try to strategically position myself next to one of my many friends with a baby. Because really, there is nothing cuter and no better way to ensure a possible exit than to acquire a baby for the hour. I should probably listen to the lesson. I should probably try to get something out of what is being taught. I mean, these teachers are wonderful and have spent many hours preparing for this moment. But alas, I have Sunday ADD and am incapable of focusing on much at all, except the cute little baby that I am now holding. I blame my condition on years of pregancy, babies, and various other callings that have kept me from properly attending my classes. Really, it is just a case of old habits die hard, but instead I am blaming it on Sunday ADD and there may not be a cure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is it contagious? I think I've caught it as well.
I have been in primary for only two years now, and I am sure I will have an incredibly hard time sitting through all of church once I do get released. Never a boring Sunday for me.
Post a Comment