Friday, June 13, 2008

Wise Words

As I was cleaning up a stack of books that Kelsey had gotten out, and tucking the kids into bed, Dillon offered these words: "Mom, I don't think it's fair for moms and dads to do all of the work all the time. I think that kids need to do their own work. and help out their moms and dads."

To which I respoded: "You're right Dillon. Kids do need to do their own work."

Dillon: "Yeah, that's why I am always asking if I can help you with anything. I just want to help." (Just a side note, this is news to me)

Me: "OK Dillon, from now on I will try more to have you help me.:

Dillon: "Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!"

We'll see if he remembers this tomorrow when I have him fold his laundry and clean his room.

4 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Dillon is a perfect angel and I would like him for my own.
See you later today. Morgan can't wait to see cousin Kelsey.

MOMMACITA said...

Always remember who is putting the butter on yo bread Dillon. Your smarts are outstanding.

Carie said...

I would very much like Dillon to come teach the Skinner children his wise ways.

Devon and Brooke said...

you need to channel that postive energy to all children in the world! - send some to mine! i love the strawberry post!