Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The kid speaks the truth

Here is a story I just heard about. Apparently on Sunday in primary, the kids were practicing their song for Father's Day. The chorister was trying to mix things up a bit and so she asked the kids what their fathers do for them. Kelsey's arm shot up and when it was her turn she said, "My dad let's us stay up late when my mom is gone at night." Now I know why they are always asking me if I am going anywhere at night. Perhaps I should start staying home a bit more. Who knows the last time they went to bed on time.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I'm just kind of curious as to where exactly you're spending your nights out, little missy.

Beth said...

Oh, you know. Here and there. Sometimes, after a long day with the kids, a girl just needs to be free. . .and shop or eat ice cream.

Debbie said...

I used to go to the grocery store (alone) and walk slowly down every isle and read the labels on cans. HEAVEN~ just getting out and free---even if it was just to the grocery store. If I took the kids, they wanted me to buy them EVERYTHING!

Diane said...

Beth your kids comments are a hoot. They have spunk and I love it!
I have laughed out loud reading their funny antics.

MOMMACITA said...

Don't ever talk about anything you don't want shared in Primary was always my motto. Funny story! And I loved the strawberry sweat pictures. You ARE a fun mommy

Taryn said...

Apparently she's having most of her fun AWAY from the kids. Who knew you had such an active night life!?