Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Sigh
I always brace myself when a member of the primary presidency comes up to me and says, "Hey, did you hear what Dillon/Kelsey said in primary today?" We have had some real doozies in our day and this one was no exception. So, apparently a couple of weeks ago during sharing time they were talking about gospel principles. You know, like choosing the right, telling the truth, using good language, stuff like that. Apparently Kelsey raised her hand and said (and I paraphrase), "My mom says bad words all the time. She has to give me a quarter everytime she says a bad word. I have a lot of quarters." Let me just defend myself by saying that growing up we were never allowed to say the words "stupid" or "hate". I never could quite break myself of these words, and so when my kids started talking I decided to implement the same rules in my house to see if I could finally accomplish what my dear mother always tried to accomplish. After realizing that I was not improving in the frequent use of these words and having it constantly pointed out to me by my children, I decided that I would give a quarter to whoever caught me saying "stupid" or "hate". So anyway, that is why Kelsey has a lot of quarters. I am quickly earning them back however, because now I am charging Dillon and Kelsey a quarter everytime they leave their bedroom lights on. Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
At least she didn't say it over the pulpit in sacrament meeting! ;-)
I think I would owe Kelsey a lot of quarters...
Your Uncle Rick and I got our mouths washed out with soap for saying "snot." Your mom must have gotten her aversion to those wonderful semi-swear words from Grandma Margaret.
Lol :) I remember that instance and thinking to myself "Oh, she's gonna looooove that one!"
I have the problem with "crap". I have to pay the kids when I say it, but the problem is, I always say it when I am mad, and then I just feel mad at the kids for pointing it out to me!
Post a Comment