Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Pull up your big girl panties and just do it
The time has come. The time has come for me to wean Tyler from his plug and I am totally dreading it. He needs to be moved into a big bed and there is no way that I am going to move him before he gets rid of the pacifier. I refuse to be called into his room in the middle of the night because he can't find his plugs. We did that with Dillon and it was miserable. So, tonight the plugs are going to myseriously develop a hole in the top. I think this will be the best method for him. He is not developmentally at a point where we can reason with him or where he would understand enough to trade it for a toy or give it to the binky fairy or anything like that. So, wish me luck. I know many of you have done this and survived. And I must remind myself that I too have been through this before and I will survive again. I don't need any sleep for the next few nights anyway, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh I so feel your pain! Good luck tonight... and tomorrow night... and the next night... Oh yah - and say goodbye to those long naps during the day. When the plug was gone, that's when Myles stopped napping all together. I hope Tyler will be different. I'm sure he'll do great!
Good luck, sister. If it is any consolation, every time I dreaded doing some big change with my guys they just did it with no drama. I am a pro at worrying for no reason, apparently.
Add my "good luck" as well---
For my nephew it's the thumb. Don't know when or how they'll wean him off of that. (I admit it, I was a thumb-sucker myself. For a long time. But then I wanted a pet turtle. My mom told me I had to stop sucking my thumb before I could get one. So I stopped. Just like that. But I suppose if I can remember it, I was old enough to be reasonable about it.)
Very clever with the plug. You have some great methods for weaning. I just took them away and tramatized you kids for days. I love the idea that it is broken. He understands broken and this too shall pass. He is one sweet boy and grandma loves him, so ha, ha!!!
Post a Comment