Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kelsey's special date


On Friday, Kelsey had a special date with her dad. It was so cute. For two years now Kelsey has been asking to go ice skating and for whatever reason, it just has never worked out. Well, on Friday Doug surprised her with a trip to the ice rink. As soon as she found out she was in full-on bounce mode. Her bouncing and enthusiasm could not be contained. She did really well on the ice. Doug held on to her most of the time, but she was able to do some skating on her own and she only fell down a few times. She was in heaven. After skating, Doug took her to Red Robin for some chicken strips, fries and a chocolate shake. It was the perfect day for my little girl who doesn't seem to get enough special days as far as I am concerned. She came home beaming with happiness and crashed in bed a bit early. Ice skating apparently can take a lot out of a girl.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

How fun! This is one date she'll totally remember!

Anonymous said...

I can just see that 'daddy/daughter' date. Those are so meaningful. I know YOUR dad sure loved taking his girls on some. Doug is a great dad and I think your little bouncy girl may just be thinking "Olympics" in the future. What little ice skater doesn't!!!