Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He's no dummy

Do you remember me saying that half of my backyard is dirt? Are you sick of me posting pictures of my dirt-ridden children yet? You're not? Oh goody, because I have a lot of them. Here's today's lovely number. Tyler has come down with a cold and so he and I just stayed home today. That left my little monkey a bit stir crazy by this afternoon and so I sent him out to play. No big deal, but here's a little background: Every time he goes out there he tries to take his beloved Thomas trains with him. I always tell him "no" because they end up caked in mud and then they get my house all dirty and then they won't work when we put batteries in them. Well, I felt so bad about always telling him "no" that I went and bought him a special "outside Thomas" that he could run in the dirt all he wanted. Well, that wasn't good enough for him. He still wants to take all of the trains outside with him. So today he decided to wait until I had busied myself with something else and then he very stealthily took his James train outside to play in the dirt. The little stinker. So here he is, all done outside, covered in dirt, and not a bit sorry about the fact that his James is now dirty to the hilt and probably won't work anymore.


By the way, the best part about today was that I didn't get dressed until 4:00 pm, AND I took a nap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you and maybe him too!!! Cute kid and a pip and a half!!!!

Kasey said...

Oh, my kids do that too! And a nap! Lovely, simply marvelous!

Trish said...

You just have to pick your battles. Bottom line. I have found sometimes that the kids decide for me. It usually isn't what I would have picked, but what are you going to do?