Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blog for Jennifer Day

Today's special blog post is in honor of my dear cousin Jennifer. She is in a fight for her life which is detailed very cleverly here. How much do I love Jennifer? Bunches and bunches, that's how much. So, in order to show you, Jennifer, my love, I thought that I would make a list of all of my favorite memories that I have of you so far and why I am thankful for you.

1. Your wedding to my crazy cousin (It was the first one I had ever been to, and I had a ball. I remember thinking it was so cool that you had a hat to match your dress).

2. Many trips to the beach (there is nothing more fun than a bunch of Wahlquists).

3. Coming over to your house to watch "Mad About You"

4. Watching many, many movies.

5. Letting my roommate and I cook dinner and take over your house for a Preference dance.

6. Letting me crash at your house, really whenever I wanted and letting me do laundry (those were always fun weekends for me).

7. Going to Parade of Homes and dreaming of "one day".

8. Kraft services for that crazy chocolate chip cookie movie that Todd made.

9. Watching General Conference

10. Sunday dinners

11. Oscar parties

12. Playing Nertz

13. Family reunions

14. Showing me how to do cool things on the computer (all of which I have completely forgotten).
15. Taking me to Sam's Club so that I could stock up on my Diet Coke and other unnecessary items.

16. Generally loving me while I was in college and making me feel so at home whenever I came to your house.

Really, I could go on and on and on with all of the little memories I have, but mostly I am just glad that I know you, I am glad that you are in the family, and I glad that you are fighting so hard to get better. Keep up the fight! We are praying for you daily. Oh, and I think that I still owe you money from dinner at Tony Roma's back in '93, but don't worry, I'm good for it.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Love the memories. I was even there for a lot of them! Your post definitely made me nostalgic for all the times we hung out at Todd & Jenn's place in Spanish Fork. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't blog but I want to go on record as HEARTING Jennifer completely!!! I am a commentor of the blog and I love to leave little love notes to little Charlie T. whom I assume shares them with his mommy. So a big "GO TEAM JENNIFER" from your favorite Auntie who has tons of great memories as well. You rock my world and I love you and Todd and kiddos and maybe even Sammy. Jury is still out on that Grandma W. staying with you guys!!! The Ohio families love you and thanks sweet Beth for letting me hook onto your blog!!!!!! Favorite Auntie