Sunday, April 5, 2009

The best surprise - a blast from the past

Friday was our first official day of Spring Break. I celebrated by lazing around and ignoring my children (since it was cold and raining outside), that is until my phone rang. "Hello" (spoken very sleepily and without enthusiasm). "Is Beth there?" "This is she." "Hey, this is Dee Bashford from long ago." Oh happy day!! For those of you who know Dee, she is fabulous!! I mean it. I love her. We lived two doors apart from each other for almost two years when they were here for Optometry school. At the time she had just one girl and I just had Dillon and our kids were the very best of friends. I have pages and pages of Dillon's scrapbook dedicated to Dillon and Kate. Really, I could go on and on for hours reminiscing, but I won't. It turns out that the Bashfords were on their way to Columbus for Stephen to do something at the Optometry school and so the whole family came along. It was the best reunion. The fun part is that Dee's husband Stephen is great friends with my brother Mike and so we all ended up at Mike's house for pizza and a great catch-up session of the past 6 years. I had so much fun and I was very sad when it came to an end. On our way home that night Kelsey said to me, "I liked those girls mom, they were nice girls. At first I was kind of scared to meet them, but they turned out to be very nice." Man I wish we still lived two doors away.

(Sorry the pictures are so bad, we only had Doug's cell phone with us)

1 comment:

Greta said...

Tony and I are so jealous! We would have LOVED to see the Bashfords. They are good people.