Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Now that's love
Last Friday Doug came home from work at 2:00 pm. It was the best surprise. I was giddy with joy, but yet also a little shamed because I had yet to clean up the house and instead had pretty much wasted my day by playing on the computer and reading. But, I quickly let my happiness push the guilt away. As if Doug's early arrival wasn't enough, he told me that he had a present for me. He opened the back seat of his car and out popped a DVR machine for our TV. Oh happy day! I think I might have even seen a little beam of light shine upon my new toy and perhaps there was the faint sound of violin music, I can't be sure. I know that most of you out there already have one of these little babies (or something comparable to it), but this is big stuff around this house. You see, Doug is morally opposed to paying for television. It grates on his skin to have to pay the $15.00 a month for the measly cable that we do have. But, since our stereo has died he knew that a gaping hole would be left in our TV cabinet and so he thought that he would try to fill it with a DVR because he knew it would make me happy. That's what I call love. It was a total surprise and I have been having fun with it every day since. I mean, I haven't missed a Gilmore Girls since. There was however, a rough patch last night when it turns out that he stopped the DVR from recording My Boys that I was anxiously waiting to watch today. I cursed him briefly in my head, but it quickly faded. I just went to my happy place and watched an episode of The Office instead. A good Jim fix can make anything better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love having a DVR. We only recently got it, and now I am so spoiled I hate watching commercials!
I have decided the DVR is a need, not a want. Welcome to DVR hood. Your life will be forever changed!
You crack me up! What a sweet man. I love when husbands do such small things that mean so much and are so sweet. Way to go Doug!
Congrats on your new addition. I don't know how you've lived this long without it... Good for Doug!
Post a Comment