Tonight was the annual Variety Show at the kids' elementary school. Ever the performer and lover of the spotlight, Dillon chose to play the guitar. This was especially cool because he was the only kid tonight who played an instrument other than the piano. I tried my best to prepare my boy for his special moment, but he just kept telling me he was fine and that he wasn't nervous at all. Well, it turns out that the nerves hit as soon as he was on stage. He started out a little shaky, but he pulled it together well. I think it helped to have people calling out his name as he got ready to play. Actually, I was quite shocked (and rather proud) at the number of kids who were yelling out to him. Dillon played "Greensleeves" and when he was done he just sat there and grinned a very proud grin. Good job my boy, good job!
Sorry the whole song isn't here, I took the video with my digital camera and I had to get a few photos first. Oh, I just tried playing the clip and apparently you can't actually hear him play, so I guess you will just have to use this clip to get the general idea.
2 comments:
He's starting to look so grown up! How does that happen?
What I could hear of the video sounded great, by the way.
Dillin, I am soooo sorry grandma and granpa had to miss your concert. You looked great and I could hear you play. You sounded fabulous. You are getting better everytime you take the stage. You make my heart swell. Granma
Post a Comment