Friday, April 24, 2009
Maybe I don't love the earth
I have had it with all of the "Green" propaganda that my kids are being fed at school. Yes, I know it is good to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. I mean, come on. I am the one who is forever reminding them to turn off the lights and to turn the water off when they brush their teeth. I even make it a point to drive around town in order to find a recycling bin so that I can recycle all of my magazines and whatnot. I don't need my daughter coming up to me and saying, "Hey mom, why don't we ever do anything good for the earth?" To which I responded, "What do you mean by that?" And she said, "We never do anything good to celebrate Earth Day. At school we're planting seeds, but we never do anything good for the environment at home." Arggh! Maybe she should go and hang out with Ed Begley Jr.?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It doesn't have to be earth day for my kids to lecture me about saving the environment. They "remind" me constantly that we need to do more, but, funny thing, they leave all the lights on, fridge open, water running, and won't color on the back side of paper, because "it's dirty".
"drive around town to find a recycling bin"
that is true comedy and wit. Well done.
Post a Comment