Sunday, February 1, 2009

That can't be good

It's not really news that we got a lot of snow and ice this past week. Well, for the past couple of days, I started to notice that Tyler's carpet against the wall seemed a bit squishy cold and/or damp. I thought that it was just because it has been so cold outside and that the carpet that was cold was against an outside wall and under the window. Well, yesterday I noticed this:
That seriously can't be good. Paint is not supposed to slide off the wall. Well, it turns out that the storms have done some damage on our cute little house and water from the roof is leaking into Tyler's room. Sweet!! We're so lucky. Next time, perhaps the storm could damage the kitchen for us. That's the room that actually needs some work done.

(As a side note, do you see those two sets of sliding glass doors? What on earth were the builders thinking? Why would anyone need two sets of sliding glass doors? I know, they were probably just looking for ways to seriously decrease the kitchen's usable space while making the house as energy inefficient as possible. Congratulations guys, you succeeded.)

3 comments:

rachel said...

I hate water damage. We have had more than our share. You are right - paint sliding down the wall can't be a good thing.

Carrie Nation said...

Basement apartment in Provo. I shudder at the memories (one of which was a literal hole in our bedroom wall that was letting in anything wet that seeped through the ground).

Good luck dealing with this latest discovery.

By the way, Ty-Ty is in my hubby's class, so fun times.

Dehner Family said...

What luck you've had this year. Since Tylers room is above the kitchen, you could just leave it and hope it eventually moves down to the kitchen. I'm sure you wouldn't even notice the smell...