Sunday, February 15, 2009

I think he's been inside too long

So, a few days ago Tyler and I walked Kelsey to the bus stop. This in and of itself was momentous because as winter has gone on and on, I have more and more frequently been sending Kelsey to the bus stop by herself. We only live two houses away and so when I see the reflection of the bus coming in the window of the house across the street, I throw Kelsey out the door and tell her to run. It is a system that has been working rather well for me. Anyway, this past week actually had some decent weather and so on Thursday Tyler and I decided to go to the bus stop. The bus pulled up right after we got to the corner and so off Kelsey went to school. While I was watching the bus leave, I caught a flash of running boy out of the corner of my eye. There was Tyler running and running around the pine trees and shouting "I like it, I like it!" Yeah, I think the poor boy has spent too much time indoors. He also had lots of fun throwing pine cones everywhere that had fallen on the ground from the big wind storms that we had the night before.

1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

That is so funny... and sad :) "I like it, I like it." I can just hear his little voice yelling. I think we've been in too much this winter too.