The perfomances included many lovely piano solos, a few dance numbers, some solos, and some other miscellaneous numbers. It really was overall very cute to see these little kids doing their best and just feeling so proud of themselves.
Dillon decided that he would play the guitar. This was very exciting and a nice departure from the piano solos. He has been taking lessons for about 9 months and is really coming along nicely. The kid just has an amazing memory for music. He can play a song a couple of times and have it memorized. Since Dillon's teacher is a total classic rocker with long dreads who loves to snowboard, Dillon has quite the collection of songs that he is working on. Amongst his favorites have been the Beatles. I am all for this. I am actually quite excited about the music that Dillon is learning how to play. I have visions of him up in his room, taking out his teenage angst through music. I am just making sure that he is ready for whenever that happens (which seems to be coming sooner rather than later, but that is a gripe for another day). Anyway, for the talent show Dillon decided to play Day Tripper by the Beatles. It was awesome and I was quite impressed with his finger work. Unfortunately we didn't think to have the microphone down by the guitar until halfway through the song and so most people couldn't hear it, but he still rocked the song.
Here is Tyler desperately trying to get his 30 seconds of fame.

Instead of perfoming, Kelsey opted to set up a display representing herself. It was very cute. She worked on gathering items for two days. Finally I had to tell her that she was supposed to be gathering items that represented the things that she like to do and not to just be grabbing any random toy that caught her fancy. "Oh" was all she said. Needless to say there was a lot of weeding out that was needed with her collection of toys. In fact, I think there are still quite a few that need to be put away. In the end we decided to display her markers (since she loves to draw), her little pet shops, her radio and microphone (she she sings constantly), a puzzle (she says she loves to do puzzles), her little stuffed dolphins from our trip to the beach last summer, and a funky little stuffed Nemo that we got out of a cereal box that morning (?? no idea on this one). All of this was displayed on her adorable Olivia quilt that my mom made her for Christmas (because we all love Olivia).I can hardly wait to see what they do next year.
2 comments:
I wish I could have been there to see Dillon perform, Kelsey's display and Tyler helping out! Congrats to Dillon and Kelsey - I am sure they worked very hard on their talents and had a great time!
We loved the performance and being there to cheer the boy on. Kelsey display was sooooo her and Tyler's day will come. The talent show was a great idea for the primary and of course family members are always filled with love to see THEIR people perform in ANY way. I loved it all!!!!!!
Post a Comment