Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Christmas Girl


On Saturday, Dillon came down with the stomach flu which left us pretty much stuck at home. Doug and I were walking around in a serious state of zombieness due to being up with Dillon all night which meant that we really didn't have it in us to entertain the other kids. Kelsey was beside herself with boredom and so I brought out the Christmas tree decorations and told her to go to it (We hadn't decorated the tree yet due to our flooring construction). Kelsey had the time of her life. All of the decorations ended up clustered at her eye level. At one point she had run out of room on the branch that she was using (because it turns out that one branch can only hold 5 gold balls) and wasn't sure what to do with the decoration that she was holding. Being the nice mom that I am, I kindly suggested that she put the decoration on another branch and then I informed her that she was welcome to spread the decorations out anywhere on the tree that she wanted. This suggestion opened a whole new world for her. Now our tree is perfect and I refuse to move a single ornament.
On Sunday, I stayed home from church with Dillon and Tyler while Dillon continued to get better. So, here is my beautiful Christmas girl on her way out to church. She had two Christmas dresses this year and it was very hard for her to choose which one to wear. Since she had worn the one that Grandma had given her the previous week, she wore this one this past Sunday. She just felt so pretty that I had to take a picture.