Thursday, December 4, 2008

Has anyone seen my backbone?


I am a sucker for my little Tyler. He absolutely has me wrapped around his little finger. It's not just because he is little and cute and sweet and funny. I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact long before he was ever born, I knew that he would be my last baby and so I have truly treasured every moment. Because of this, I have not been nearly as strict with him as I am with the other two kids. His current age has not helped things a bit. He is seriously the cutest he has ever been. He says new words and phrases all day long and has us constantly in a giggle. Well, I have discovered that this child has not heard the word "No" nearly enough in his short life. Because of his charm and my lack of a backbone, he pretty much gets whatever he wants. I am realizing that if I don't nip this in the bud, my indulgence of him is going to bite me in the bum bum. His thrashing screaming tantrum over the fact that I was not willing to change his movie (for the third time) at the precise moment that he wanted me to is evidence of this downward spiral. So, for now on (actually, probably starting tomorrow since I am too lazy to do anything but let him watch tv today) I am getting tough with this little rugrat. Today I am on the search for my backbone and once I find it, a new mom is in town. Watch out little man, I'm on to your tricky ways.

4 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Sister - Oh no! He better watch himself. When you mean business, heads will spin and you will be alpha one way or another. I feel sorry for the little guy. Go easy on him. If you need help, Myles can always hit him with a stick.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think you put your backbone in you're car when you stopped by last night. Just reach in and get it. You da man, he da man, may the best man win!!! One good thing, he can always get his way at granma's house!!!!!

Carrie Nation said...

Good luck! I've seen you in action, you can do it no problem. Just don't make eye contact. ;)

Emily said...

I am already like that with Zachary. It's all in the eyes. Close your eyes when you tell him no, maybe that will work...maybe not.