
Dillon doesn't get nearly enough recognition in the blog posting. I guess that's what he gets for being at school all day. Of course that also means that I don't get to spend nearly as much time with him as I do with Kelsey and Tyler. So, in an effort to be the supportive mom, I signed up to be a chaperone for his class on thier field trip to Whole Foods. Dillon was very excited to have me with him and I was very excited to be with him as well. Plus, I was looking forward to some tasty samples from Whole Foods. Here are the things that I learned from the field trip:
1. I am way too old to ride school buses. I just don't get the same thrill the kids do when we go over a really big bump in the road.
2. Once a first grader is told to stand in a line, they are unable to break that line even after being told to gather together into a bunch (it is also preferable for the kids to hold hands, link arms, basically be attached to each other in some way).
3. The fish monger at Whole Foods was by far the most interesting stop along the way. I loved it when Dillon asked the guy if they had any Angler fish. It turns out that they didn't have any that day, but they are known to carry it from time to time. Good to know in case I get me an inkling for some Angler fish.


4. There were no samples for us. Nor did we get to see the behind the scenes workings of the store, nor did we get little gift baggies of produce (all of which they got last year when the first grade classes did the same field trip and all of which they expected this year as well).
5. Field trips to Whole Foods are lame. I bet if I lead myself through the store I could have scored at least a few samples.
6. Quality time with Dillon is priceless and always entertaining.

3 comments:
They got TONS of free samples and goody bags last year on Benjamin's trip!!! I think you should write a note to Whole Foods complaining about it. Demand free cookies at the very least!
All of the teachers were so mad. Apparently Whole Foods was well aware of the show they put on last year and so I don't know what happened this year, but I am sure that the school won't be going back.
At least Dillon is so dang cute that you automatically had somethings good coming out of Whole Foods!
(And by the way, I have spotted several Whole Foods around Salt Lake... Just a "taste" of Columbus for me, snif.
Post a Comment