Monday, May 12, 2008

There was a wedding

This past weekend my Aunt Jody got married. She is the only sibling of my father and so it was a pretty big deal for our family. My parents, and sister, and brother-in-law worked tirelessly putting this wedding together. The wedding was small and intimate and Kelsey got to be a flower girl along with her cousin Morgan and two of the groom's granddaughters. I have to say that she was a beautiful flower girl and performed her task perfectly.

Here is Kelsey waiting for her turn to shine.

Here is my sweet niece Morgan.
Two precious flower girls.
Cousinly love.
A small, flower girl traffic jam.
Notice the concentration.
Expert sprinkling of the flowers. The only downside was that Kelsey had some flower petals left over in her basket which she kept trying to throw into the aisle during the ceremony.
Here is my 93 year old grandpa giving away the bride.
A wedding moment. My aunt was married by my parent's bishop. It was short, sweet, and to the point. Lovely and perfect for those with short attention spans.
My aunt was so sweet and gave all of the kids a present. Here is Kelsey modeling her beautiful princess jewelry and lipgloss. She also received a cute little purse to hold everything.
Here's my handsome boy. He was a good sport about the whole wedding thing. The monster truck that my aunt gave him seemed to help, as did the never ending glass of root beer. During the appetizer portion of the evening I asked Dillon if he wanted anything to eat. He said, "No thanks mom, I'm just going to have root beer tonight." He wasn't kidding.
Here is my love. Contemplating something deep I am sure.
Here is my cute brother, humoring me for a picture. I think that we all had a pretty good time. Of course with the open bar we were able to keep ourselves occupied with never-ending Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers (a new favorite of mine). Plus, the cake was delicious. Aside from my cute Sister-in-law Amber (she preferred the chocolate), we all felt that the vanilla cake was the winner.
The weather was perfect for the wedding and so the kids got to play outside a lot. That probably helped them tolerate the wedding also. Dillon thought that Tartan Fields was a pretty great place to be. He said that when he grows up he wants to golf at Tartan Fields because the food is good, he likes the decorations, and there are a lot of places to putt. I forsee some outtings with grandpa in his future.
Morgan was cracking me up. She spent forever rolling herself down this hill and having the time of her life. I am sure the grass stains will come out. Her happiness was totally worth it I am sure.
Here are the three cousins chewing on grass just like grandpa does. You will notice that Tyler and Myles are missing. We, the parents, decided that they were not invited and so they stayed home with babysitters instead. Although I am sure they were missed, we all had a much better time without them.

3 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Nice job on the picture taking. I will be stealing some from your blog :)
It was nice without Myles and Tyler. Can you imagine what it would have been like with those two... Scary.

Diane said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. Love it! It is so fun to see your fam. I love the wedding photo's and tell Doug the shot of him is great! very deep thinker indeedy.

Britain said...

Cute flower girls. And I love the picture of Kelsey and Dillon hugging.