Monday, October 13, 2008

Never Again

Never again will I move into a house that needs "just a little work". "Just a little work" means that the work never ends and that the house will never be finished and that there will always be some big project looming (like gutting the kitchen, or replacing all of the flooring) that won't get finished until right before we decide to sell the house (which unfortunately is no time soon). Yes, mark my words, I will never again more into a house that needs a lot of work done. On the bright side of things, we finally started the flooring on our main level. After 2 hours of work, and hardly any progress, I am thinking that this is going to be quite a long lasting project. However, I suppose that I am lucky to have married a man who can do EVERYTHING (except plumbing and electrical). Thanks honey, and here's some Advil for your aching knees and back.

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Good luck with the home improvement! Think about how great it will be when it is all done! I felt the same way about our last house (which was 55 years old) so we bought a brand new house. Guess what, there is still a whole list of projects!

rachel said...

We bought a house that "didn't need any work" on purpose - since we don't know how to do anything like that, and we have had tons of repairs, and water damage, etc. I think it goes with home ownership, darn it.