Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm so proud??

I am not a swearing kind of girl. Maybe once upon a time my language was not as pristine as it is today, but that was then and this is now. Although my vocabulary has expanded quite a bit over the years, the one word that I can not let go of is the word "crap". I really quite like this word. It has come in quite handy and I can honestly say that although my dear husband would like for me to delete this word from my vocabulary, there is an excellent chance that that will never happen. So, that brings me to my proud moment. When Dillon was a baby and he uttered his first "Oh crap", Doug was less than thrilled. Not mad per se, just not happy. When Kelsey uttered her first "Oh crap", Doug just gave me a look. You know, as if to say "Nice. I wonder where she learned that?" Well, yesterday Tyler uttered his first "Oh crap". I was not actually around to hear it, but much to my dismay, Doug was rather proud of this moment and told me how cute it was. So, this afternoon as I was trying to get a movie on for Tyler and all of the cases were falling out of the TV cabinet, I heard the beloved "Oh crap" slip from the lips of my precious little 2 year old, and you know what? It was cute. It was even cuter the next 5 times he said it. Yes, I am so proud.

3 comments:

Carie said...

Wait . . . crap is a swear word?

MOMMACITA said...

I too, am a fan of crap.

Diane said...

Beth I love the down to earth gal you are! Who doesn't fling out a "crapola" once in a while. I won't share my slips....they aren't pretty.