If I were to send out a Christmas card this year, here is the picture that would have been included.
A bit of background: Every year on Thanksgiving I make my little family sit together while someone takes a picture of us for our Christmas card. This is about the only time that I can get Doug to sit for a picture. Well, this year Dillon was really sick which meant no picture. Then Dillon and Tyler proceded to swap illnesses for several more weeks. Which meant that nobody felt like sitting for a picture. I had basically given up when at the last minute I had my dear sister-in-law take a few pictures of us as we decorated gingerbread houses at grandma's house. Doug was his sweet and wonderful self and indulged me for a moment even though he was now totally sick, along with Tyler, and looking grungy. Doug had come down with a nasty cold and it turns out that Tyler had double ear infections and a huge eczema flare-up on his face. Plus, Kelsey's hair hadn't been brushed and she probably hadn't even had a bath in days. Ah, Christmas memories. Thank you my little family for humoring this sometimes obsessive mama.
3 comments:
Oh Beth! What a cute little family! I will etch this into my brain as your Christmas card this year. I did stumble across your blog, so I will leave my link, for I do have a blog too. I loved reading your past posts and found I enjoyed myself and will return again. Hopefully we will see each other again, one day. My other siblings have blogs as well if you'd like to catch up with them. Shawna and Jared are having a baby, Troy and Brooke just make there's private, so if you want a peak send me your e-mail address and I'll have her invite you, Drew and Tiffany are living the married with not kids life and that's about it. Hope you guys are doing well!
Love you!
Kasey =)
www.kaseyrocky.blogspot.com
It sounds like you have a totally awesome sister-in-law.
Beth and Dough,
I am so excited to see that you have a blog. I have always thought it pretty pitiful that we don't see you all more. In August we will be in Cincinnati for at least three years, with grandma 20 minutes away to watch kids so we will have to get together. I love the Christmas picture. Without the narrative, you would never know that everyone was feeling icky!
Post a Comment