Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tagged

My wonderful sister-in-law Amber has tagged me. I normally never respond to such a request, in fact any sort of chain anything always dies with me, but I am feeling a bit quirky and so I will actually follow through on this tag. Here it goes, 6 interesting things about myself:

1. I looooooove Diet Dr. Pepper. I know it is bad for me, but I just can't resist its sweetness and tingling bubbles. Another interesting fact about Diet Dr. Pepper, unlike Diet Coke it is actually better out of a can than out of a soda fountain.

2. I am lazy. It's true. I have a really hard time motivating myself to do the things that I know I should do. Such as, I know there is a literal mountain of laundry in my basement waiting to be folded, but the couch looks so comfy and if I flip through the channels on the TV long enough then I am bound to find something good to watch. Food network always seems to come through for me.

3. I have been sucked into the scrapbooking and card making mania that seems to be spreading the nation. In fact, about a year ago I even signed up to be a consultant for Close To My Heart just so that I could support my habit. Of course I now have a table and shelf full stamps and paper the amount of which I may never get around to using.

4. I love to eat and I hate to exercise because I hate to sweat. Mexican food is my current crave (although I love just about any type of cuisine) and it is amazing that I don't weigh 200 pounds considering the number of times I must eat in one day (thanks hyperglycemia). Fortunately I am smaller than I was post Dillon, unfortunately I am bigger than I was post Kelsey. Oh well, I have the beach coming up next summer, perhaps that will help me get over my aversion to sweating. Actually I blame the sweating thing on my hair. If I were born with lower maintenanced hair than maybe I would exercise more. Maybe.

5. I hate to be inconvenienced. I really like it when things go my way and according to my schedule. This is something that I am working hard to overcome, but it does tend to rear its ugly head at some unfortunate times. Kind of along with this trait mine, I have absolutely no problem saying the word "No." You always hear about women who are pleasers and who wear themselves out because they don't know how to say the word "No." Well I am the opposite. I have to remind myself to say "Yes." I believe that this all ties into my laziness and not wanting to be inconvenienced.

6. I love girly movies. I am a sucker at heart. However, I only like them if they are going to end happy. I am the same way with books. I often read the last page of the book before I even start just to see if I like the way it ends. A side note, I just recently finished the entire series of The Gilmore Girls. Absolutely fabulous!!

I guess that is all. Shoot. I feel like I could go on forever talking about myself. This is actually rather therapeutic. Oh well. Unfortunately the only person I can think of to tag next is my lovely friend Britain. Not many of my friends have blogs and so they are off the hook. Thanks for the fun Amber.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

Beth,
I found your blog off of someones blog (but I can't remember who's). Anyway, your kids are getting so big! I guess that is what happens when we haven't seen you guys for a year and a half!
It is fun to see pictures of you guys and remember the good ol' days in Columbus! Tell Doug hi from Scott and I.
Heather