Thursday, July 23, 2009
Assistance Please
Now that I have my super fun new iTouch toy, I would like to download some music onto it. The problem is that over the years I have allowed myself to become rather clueless on the topic of music. I know what I like when I hear it, I just never know who the song is by. So when I went to iTunes to pick out some songs I found myself faced with so many choices and feeling a bit overwhelmed. Here's where you come in. If you were to choose a song to add to your collection what would it be? What songs would you choose. Seriously, I need some inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love 'That's Not My Name' by The Ting Tings and most everything by Plain White Ts and Corinne Bailey Rae. Good luck! I know the feeling. It took me forever to get a playlist I liked on my iPod.
I can never remember names of songs but I like a lot of stuff from Five for Fighting, Coldplay, and Jack Johnson.
Jason Mraz, Daughtry, and Rascal Flatts. :) And Black-Eyed Peas!
I doubt you would like my music... I'm a nerd. But if you want a good work-out song - Lose Yourself by Eminem... Never fails.
Be sure to get the edited version...
My favorite at the moment is "The Book of Love" sung by Peter Gabriel on the Shall We Dance? movie remake. You can only get it through itunes if you buy the whole album, but I have it already. Come to my house with your toy and we'll work it out.
Greg is a music snob. I asked him, and this is what he said.
“NB: I only think in terms of albums because I’m a snob. At www.gomusic.ru they sell songs for 9 cents each so you can pick up albums for 2 or 3 dollars.
Classic Rock
Rubber Soul – The Beatles
Let it Bleed – The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin II – Led Zeppelin
Surrealistic Pillow – Jefferson Airplane
Hard Rock
Ten - Pearl Jam
Born to Run – Springsteen
Hard Blues or Bands with colors in the names
Elephant – The White Stripes
Magic Potion – The Black Keys
Heavy Metal
Master of Puppets – Metallica
Frizzle Fry – Primus
Unclassifiable
Ok Computer – Radiohead
Takk – Sigur Ros
Hip Hop
The Black Album – Jay Z
A Grand Don’t Come for Free – The Streets
Paul’s Boutique – Beastie Boys
Country
Vanlear Rose – Loretta Lynn
American IV: The Man Comes Around – Johnny Cash
40 Greatest Hits – Hank Williams
Soundtracks
Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
Dan in Real Life
Mountain man music
Furr - Blitzen Trapper
For Emma, Forever Ago – Bon Iver
Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
Electronica
Sounds of silver – LCD Soundsystem
Moby – Moby
Indie Pop
Chutes Too Narrow – The Shins
Welcome Interstate Managers – Fountains of Wayne
The Slow Wonder – A. C. Newman
If you’re feeling sinister – Belle and Sebastian
Good Luck! There's plenty more where that came from."
I would download "If You Could Hie to Kolub". On of my favorites
Dad.
Post a Comment