Sunday, September 16, 2007

School Has Started!!



Dillon was so excited for his first day of first grade. He stayed in bed as long as he could, but at 5:45 am, he could take no more and tip toed into our room bursting with excitement. My first instinct was to throw him back into his bed, but instead I kindly told him that it was just too early and that he had to go back to bed until 7:00. That didn't really work and so instead I made him lay down by me in bed and while I tried to sleep for another hour. That may have been possible if he hadn't been sitting up every few minutes to see what time it was. When Dillon got off the bus that afternoon, he declared his first day of first grade the best day ever. The second day was even declared as the best day ever. Unfortunately that initial excitement only lasted a week. The second week of school I found that my sweet Dillon had turned into a whining, cranky, and less-than pleasant boy. The long days have started to get to him and he is now having a bit of a hard time being in school all day long. I knew that this would happen, but that knowledge isn't making his attitude much easier to handle. I just keep reminding myself that he will be back to himself eventually, but in the meantime I think that an earlier bed time is in order.

No comments: