Saturday, July 14, 2007

The First . . .

This is the first official entry in the new Seymour family blog. I wanted to start something that would give me a chance to keep everyone, both in the states and out, updated on everything that we are up to these days. I am absolutely horrible at keeping in touch with people and so hopefully this will make amends with some of you for my communicative shortcomings. So, what's new you ask? Well, the most exciting news is that after almost 5 years of talking about it, I think that we are actually going to re-do our kitchen this year. Hooray. There are no babies or other unforeseen remodels that need to take place this year and so Doug is going to get his wish and re-do the kitchen. I am so excited, but then again I will believe it is happening when I see it. Also, Doug just got a new job. He is excited about the change and the new challenges that this job will bring, but sad that he won't be able to come home for lunch anymore and his schedule won't be nearly as flexible. The latter two points make me sad, but I have had it good for three years and I knew it wouldn't last forever, however, I am excited for Doug and for the opportunities that it will bring our family.

No comments: